All Exercise/Rehab appointments are held at our Burleigh Heads Physio clinic
Exercise can be safe and enjoyable throughout your pregnancy.
Benefits of Pre and Post Natal Exercise
- Improve your overall strength, flexibility, tone, and posture
- Using the reformer beds and the trapeze table can make it easier to exercise as your pregnancy progresses
- Improve your pelvic floor and deep abdominal strength. This can decrease the risk of future urinary incontinence
- Sleep better and reduce stress/anxiety
- Exercises tailored to the changes in your body with pregnancy
- Exercises in the session can be modified to suit the stage you are at. If you have any discomfort or difficulty during your session, let your physio know so they can offer you an alternative exercise.
- Exercise sessions are under the guidance of physiotherapists who have extensive experience of working with pre & postnatal body changes so you will be exercising safely and effectively.
- A Rebate can be claimed from Private Health funds with extras, please check with your fund directly for details
What To Expect:
- Book to attend a 1 on 1 session with our physiotherapist for an assessment and to set up your personal program.
- If required, complete one or two further 1 on 1 sessions in order to fine-tune your program and ensure you are safe while completing the exercises.
- Once the physio is happy with your individual exercise program you can join a session with a maximum of 2 people each doing their own program. This can be continued during your pregnancy for as long as you are comfortable.
What To Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing and grippy socks (for hygienic reasons and so you don’t slip on the mats). We have grippy socks for sale at reception.
What To Bring:
What To Bring: H2O, 2 towels and pillows if you need them to support your belly.
Location: Burleigh Heads Physiotherapy Centre
Natali, Ceridwen, Katrina, Addie
These sessions are also an excellent exercise program to continue in the post-natal period.
If you have private health insurance with extras cover, you will be able to claim a rebate from your health care provider.
We have HICAPS onsite for immediate claiming.