This page is up to date to our best knowledge, however, this is a rapidly evolving situation so we apologise for any potential delay in updating this information.
We want to reassure all our patients that we are following stringent infection control procedures in our clinic, and screen all people coming into the clinic, to exclude any patients that have any signs or symptoms consistent with Covid-19, as well as screening any patients that should be in isolation ie recently returned from overseas, or have been advised to isolate due to recent exposure with a known Covid-19 patient.
All our staff have now completed the Department of Health Covid-19 Infection Control Training.
What are we doing to minimise risk?
- Screening patients for risk factors over the phone or through text messages before they attend appointments. Those with risk factors or symptoms are advised not to attend & to seek medical advice.
- Hand sanitiser station at the front of the building must be used before you enter.
- Following stringent infection control measures within the clinic. This includes
- Disinfecting all beds, door handles, EFTPOS machine before and after each patient use.
- Linen changed between each patient and commonly touched surfaces through the practice are cleaned regularly throughout the day.
- Minimising the distances between clients in the waiting room- some chairs are outside undercover.
- We have advised our team members not to come to work if they have cold or flu-like symptoms.
- We are following all Department of Health recommendations for our type of business.
On the 30th March 2020 – the Australian government issued a statement that “People aged over 70, aged over 60 with pre-existing conditions, or Indigenous people aged over 50 should stay home wherever possible for their own protection.”
The decision to come in for physiotherapy treatment really is an individual one – if you feel that your treatment is medically necessary, and are comfortable with the risks of leaving your home and coming to physiotherapy, then rest assured that when you attend our physiotherapy clinic, we are following our strict infection control processes and doing everything we can to minimise your risk whilst in our care. However, we completely understand if you are not comfortable with coming in for treatment.
We are offering telehealth consults and home visits (where suitable) for patients who cannot attend our clinic.
We are also offering home visits to those patients who are unable to attend due to self-isolation because of their compromised immune system or pre-existing health status. We will screen you before sending our staff.
- Wash your hands often (and for 20 seconds) with soap and water
- Cough into your elbow or use a tissue to cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze
- Social distancing practices – Avoiding close contact with others, such as touching, including shaking hands
- Limit contact with people who are sick, and stay home if you are sick and encourage employees to stay home when sick
- Get 7-8 hours’ sleep a night to help your immune system stay strong
Please stay safe and take care of each other!
Reliable Information Sources
We are monitoring the situation very closely and will make adjustments to our business as we are further informed. Our priority is the health & well being of our patients and our staff. Thanks for your understanding.