All Pilates appointments are held at our Burleigh Heads clinic
Exercise can be safe and enjoyable throughout your pregnancy.
Some of the benefits you will get from doing Pilates during pregnancy include:
- Improve your overall strength, flexibility, tone and posture
- Improve your pelvic floor and deep abdominal strength. This can decrease the risk of future urinary incontinence
- Sleep better and reduce stress/anxiety
- A Rebate can be claimed from Private Health funds with extras, please check with your fund directly for details
- Exercises tailored to the changes of your body with pregnancy
- Exercises in class can be modified to suit the stage you are at. If you have any discomfort or difficulty during class, let your physio know so they can offer you an alternative exercise.
- Pilates instruction is taken by physios who have extensive experience of working with pre & post natal body changes so you will be exercising safely and effectively.
Process for joining Pregnancy Pilates
1. Book to attend a 1 on 1 session with our physiotherapist for an assessment and to set up your personal program.
2. If required, complete one or two further 1 on 1 sessions in order to fine-tune your program and ensure you are safe while completing the exercises.
3. Once the physio is happy with your exercise program you can join a 2 on 1 class. This can be continued during your pregnancy for as long as you are comfortable.
Pilates is also an excellent exercise program to continue in the post-natal period.
What to Bring and Wear
H2O, 2 towels and pillows if you need them to support your belly.
Wear comfortable clothing and grippy socks ( for hygienic reasons and so you don’t slip on the mats). We have grippy socks for sale at reception.
If you have private health insurance with extras cover, you will be able to claim a rebate from your health care provider.
We have HICAPS onsite for immediate claiming.
For further information or to book, please call 07 5535 5218.